Public transport: Paris - Vézelay
Trains in the direction of Vézelay depart from the small Paris Bercy Station, which is close to the much larger and more well-known Paris Gare de Lyon Station.
From Gare de Lyon to Paris Bercy Station it is about a 1 km walk, via the Rue de Bercy, or take the Metro, line 14 to 'Bercy' (the first stop after Gare de Lyon).
Attention: pickpockets, especially on busy platforms and in the trains of the subway!
Alternative: by Flixbus to Auxerre (train station) and from there continue by train.
Get off at Sermizelles-Vézelay station. From there a bus goes to Vézelay.
- Route Planner of the French Railways (SNCF) (English)
- ** bus timetable **.
- on foot
- by taxi:
- Cyril Taxis - Vézelay, tel : 03 86 33 19 06
- Annette Devry Taxis - Sermizelles, tel : 03 86 32 36 63 - 06 87 41 16 69
- Carlos Taxi - Givry, tel : 03 86 32 42 20 - 06 84 83 85 40
Via the A6 motorway (Paris - Lyon): exit Auxerre (n° 20), Nitry (n° 21) or Avallon (n° 22).
There is a charge for parking throughout the municipality of Vézelay. You can buy a ticket at the parking meters. If you want to park for more than a week, you must buy a card at the town hall. (Rue Saint Pierre, about 125 m from the basilica. An annual card costs € 20).
Alternative: parking in a campsite. ('Garage mort', approximately € 2 - 3 per day.)
Pilgrim office Vézelay
Run by the Amis et Pèlerins de Saint-Jacques de Compostelle de la Voie de Vézelay
Adress: 24, rue Saint Pierre (= the steep main street of Vézelay. The office is near the Centre Sainte-Madeleine, where most pilgrims spend the night).
Tel.: (0033) (0)3 86 32 38 11.
- from mid April until the end of September: each day
- from mid March until mid April and from the end of September until mid October: Friday morning - Monday evening.
From 9.30-12.30 and 14.00-19.00 uur.